Write For Muphoric Sounds
We are expanding the editorial team and are looking for writers particularly versed in the independent music, culture, and arts scenes. Content areas have now grown to include visual arts, fashion, and accessories, and we need writers who are already immersed in those areas. This is an unpaid opportunity.
If becoming a contributor at Muphoric Sounds is appealing to you, check out our requirements below.
A Muphoric Sounds Contributing Writer should have:
- a sound idea of Muphoric Sounds, our writing style, and the kinds of artists we cover.
- possess deep knowledge of music from different eras and genres. Naturally remember historical facts, production credits, etc. or have the wherewithal to research it quickly.
- ability to follow editorial guidelines, style, and procedures already in place and in use.
- your own voice, opinion, and have the ability to write concisely, conversationally. Our readers do not want to feel as though they’re reading The Economist for arts coverage. Keep it light.
- good command of the English language; know proper spelling, grammar, and syntax; be able to self-edit, fact-check, and cite own sources independently.
- experience using WordPress or other CMS platforms and basic HTML knowledge.
If this sounds like something for you, please email MuphoricSounds [at] gmail [dot] com with “Contributing Writer Interest” in the subject line to receive further details.
The following two tabs change content below.
A Brooklyn-based writer, with a background in digital marketing, who proudly calls herself a Prince head, and believes Hersey's chocolate should be a crime. Follow her @webdiva3000